By Michael Livingston
BLACKSTOCK, S.C. — A father and his sister used CPR to save a 2-year-old girl who wandered outside Sunday afternoon and was found floating in a nearby ...
By Rosemarie Bernardo
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser
HONOLULU, Hawaii — A 73-year-old California man recently met a team of first responders who brought him back to life after he went ...
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. — A 27-year-old man, his 2-year-old nephew and their dog were struck by a pickup truck and killed during an evening walk on an Ill. road.
Pedro Guerrero was pushing ...
Jessica Galvin made the life-saving call to treat him on the scene; she is the first woman to receive her community’s local EMT of the Year award
With rain falling so hard EMS providers had to follow the voices of bystanders doing CPR to find a man struck by lightning, EMT Jessica Galvin made the call to treat him on the scene.
The Associated Press
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio — A 16-year-old girl collapsed at a haunted house attraction in southwest Ohio and died of a heart abnormality.
Christian Faith Benge had only ...
By Samuel Speciale
The Charleston Daily Mail
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — In a corner meeting room on the Capitol’s fourth floor Tuesday, a group of representatives performed cardiopulmonary ...
NEWSTEAD, N.Y. — A New York mother held a flash mob on Sunday to teach people hands-only CPR after losing her daughter five years ago during soccer practice.
Annette Adamczak said there ...
After losing her daughter, 14, to cardiac arrest during soccer practice she hopes the event raised awareness of hands-only CPR and promoted a bill to teach the technique to middle and high school ...
The Associated Press
PORTLAND, Ore. — The father of an Oregon baby who died after being left in a parked car told police that he was supposed to take her to daycare but forgot and went ...
By Randi Rossmann
The Press Democrat
FORESTVILLE, Calif. — With his father slumped unconscious and not breathing on the kitchen floor, 13-year-old Lewis Griffith of Forestville announced ...
The incident has prompted the Calif. girl to take the skill she learned at summer camp and share it fellow students
panish firefighters used oxygen masks, CPR, and chest massage trying to resuscitate a puppy suffering from smoke inhalation
By Beth Reese Cravey
The Florida Times-Union
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — An electric shock from an automated external defibrillator could have restarted Andrew Cohn’s heart, which stopped ...
His wife began chest compressions on the phone with a dispatcher until EMS arrived as their daughter ran to get the neighbors
Today's Top Stories
Friday, October 31, 2014
Submit information on fallen EMS providers in your area.
Elements of Leadership
EMS can get emotional; at some point your behavior is bound to hurt those around you, and it will take...