2019 winners of National EMS Awards of Excellence announced
Recipients will receive their award during the opening ceremony at NAEMT’s General Membership Meeting
By EMS1 Staff
CLINTON, Miss. — NAEMT and EMS World officials announced the 2019 National EMS Awards of Excellence recipients.
According to a press release, the recipients will receive their awards on Oct. 15 in New Orleans, Louisiana, during the opening ceremony at NAEMT’s General Membership Meeting and Oct. 16 during EMS World’s opening ceremony.
The recipients are:
- Debby Carscallen, Paramedic, Moscow, Idaho
- 2019 NAEMT/Nasco Paramedic of the Year,
- Freya Whalen, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Clever, Missouri
- 2019 NAEMT/Braun Industries EMT of the Year,
- Michael Dailey, MD, FACEP, FAEMS, Delmar, New York
- 2019 NAEMT/Bound Tree EMS Medical Director of the Year,
- Melissa Stuive, Portland, Texas
- 2019 NAEMT/Jones & Bartlett Learning EMS Educator of the Year
- HM1 Kenneth Russell, US Navy, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
- 2019 NAEMT/North American Rescue Military Medic of the Year
- San Antonio Fire Department EMS, San Antonio, Texas
- 2019 Dick Ferneau Career EMS Service of the Year
- Princess Anne Courthouse Volunteer Rescue Squad, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- 2019 Volunteer EMS Service of the Year
Closing paragraph: The annual NAEMT General Membership Meeting will be held in conjunction with EMS World Expo on Oct. 14-16 in New Orleans. Visit the NAEMT website to register to attend.