Toddler hospitalized after swallowing laundry detergent

Responders were trying to determine the amount the toddler drank and whether the child swallowed any other substance


By Amy Renee Leiker
The Wichita Eagle

WICHITA, Kan. — A toddler who reportedly swallowed liquid laundry detergent on Tuesday morning was taken to a Wichita hospital in serious condition.

The child, who is 2, almost passed out and did vomit blood after ingesting the soap, according to emergency radio traffic. First responders called to the 7100 block of West Shade at around 10:45 a.m. were trying to determine the amount the toddler drank and whether the child swallowed any other substance. The address is near Central and Ridge.

The child was taken to Wesley Medical Center by ambulance for treatment, a Sedgwick County dispatcher said.

Copyright 2017 The Wichita Eagle
All Rights Reserved

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

The EMS news & trends you need, delivered right to your inbox.

Thanks! You've been successfully signed up for the EMS1 Member Newsletter

Copyright © 2020 EMS1. All rights reserved.