Report: Healthcare face mask market forecast to reach $28 Billion by 2031
Advancements in mask technology and customization drive growth in protective masks for healthcare workers and emergency responders
WILMINGTON, Del. – According to a recent study by Transparency Market Research Inc., the valuation of the protective face mask market, which was at USD 8.3 billion in 2022, is projected to surge to an estimated USD 28.2 billion by 2031. This growth trajectory represents a robust compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.3% over the forecast period.
The current health landscape, marked by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, has significantly escalated the demand for protective face masks, with respiratory droplets being identified as a primary transmission route of the virus. This has led to a heightened adoption of face masks as a preventive measure globally, with mandates for their use in numerous public settings and transport systems.
The market report highlights the indispensable role of surgical masks and N95 respirators within the healthcare sector, which has maintained a steady demand due to the persistent need for protective gear. Additionally, there has been a notable shift in consumer behavior towards personalized and fashion-forward mask options, broadening the market’s scope.
Technological innovation stands as a key component of market growth, with potential future integration of smart technologies into masks, such as air quality sensors, built-in fans, and connectivity features.
Key market insights
- The rise in surgical procedures and respiratory diseases are pivotal factors anticipated to bolster the market demand for protective face masks.
- The evolution of the e-commerce sector is projected to facilitate the distribution and availability of protective face masks, thereby propelling the market growth.
- Notably, regions such as North America and the Asia Pacific are expected to dominate the market, with North America leading in demand and the Asia Pacific driven by growing consumer awareness and governmental initiatives.
- Environmentally sustainable and reusable masks are gaining traction as eco-consciousness rises globally.
- Advances in mask technology have led to enhanced filtration, comfort, and durability, introducing premium and specialized masks to the market.
Key players such as 3M, Cardinal Health, Honeywell International Inc., and others are continuously investing in research and development to innovate and expand their product portfolios. The competitive landscape is also shaped by strategic mergers, acquisitions, and efforts to tap into emerging markets.
- PADM Medical Group of Companies sought FDA approval for the first plant-based surgical mask in March 2023.
- LG Electronics launched the LG Puricare Mask, a wearable air purifier, in December 2022.
For a comprehensive analysis and to view the sample research report, visit Transparency Market Research’s official website or access the full report.
EMS1 is using generative AI to create some content that is edited and fact-checked by our editors.