N.Y. child dead after ingesting liquid nicotine

Police report 1-year-old found unresponsive and rushed to hospital; concern grows for more poisonous ingestions as e-cigarettes rise in popularity


By Gillian Mohney
ABC News

N.Y. — A toddler from upstate New York could be the first child to die from liquid nicotine, the substance used in e-cigarettes, poisoning in the U.S., concerning health officials as e-cigarettes continue to rise in popularity.

Police reported that the 1-year-old child died after ingesting liquid nicotine at a home in Fort Plain, New York, on Tuesday. The child was found unresponsive and rushed to a hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

Fort Plain police released a statement saying the death is believed to be a “tragic accident.” They declined to say whether the liquid nicotine was associated with an e-cigarette.

Read Full Story: First Child's Death From Liquid Nicotine Reported as 'Vaping' Gains Popularity

 

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2020 ems1.com. All rights reserved.