Spotlight: AEV ambulances hand-crafted to meet the needs of EMS providers
AEV products are built to exceed safety standards, and deliver consistent quality and dependability
Company name: American Emergency Vehicle (AEV)
Headquarters: Jefferson, N.C.
Signature Product: A broad range of ambulances
1. Where did your company name originate from?
AEV ambulances are built in the rolling hills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Jefferson, North Carolina. It is a close-knit community with a strong heritage of furniture building and a commitment to American craftsmanship and values.
2. What is your signature product and how does it work?
AEV manufactures a broad range of Type I, Type II, Type III and medium-duty ambulances that are hand-crafted to meet the fleet and/or customized needs of EMS providers across the country. AEV products are built to exceed safety standards, and deliver consistent quality and dependability.
3. Why do you believe your products are essential to the EMS community?
The EMS community needs access to a variety of high quality, safe, affordable ambulances that are backed up by a knowledgeable and dedicated dealer network. AEV has a solid reputation of delivering just that.
4. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
The COVID-19 pandemic has created challenges for AEV (and across the industry) as we work through supplier disruptions and absenteeism from preventative quarantines. However, these challenges have been far outweighed by the satisfaction felt throughout our organization, knowing that we are serving our frontline workers during this particularly difficult time.
5. What makes your company unique?
With ever-evolving manufacturing excellence and hands-on American craftsmanship, AEV offers a broad range of products at superior value.
6. What do your customers like best about you and your products?
AEV customers frequently comment on the commitment and care that they consistently receive from the AEV team and our dedicated dealer network. It is very personal for us.
7. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first responder community?
It is extremely rewarding to know that the work that we do at AEV provides first responders with an environment that facilitates their important work, while keeping them and their patients safe.
8. Do you support any charitable organizations within public safety?
AEV has a tradition of giving to a variety of local charities through employee donations. Being part of a small community, these local charities are connected to nearly every employee in some way.
9. Is there any fun fact or trivia that you'd like to share about your brand?
AEV is the top selling brand of ambulances in the U.S. This is a great source of pride for the team and something that must be earned every day.
10. What's next for your brand? Any upcoming new projects or initiatives?
AEV recently added Traumahawk Telematics to many of its ambulance models. This is newer technology in the ambulance industry that allows users to better track and maintain their vehicles to maximize uptime.