Texas ambulance catches fire with patient inside

Officials said the fire was caused by a generator malfunction


By Laura French

BOERNE, Texas — An ambulance in Texas caught fire Monday while transporting a patient to the hospital. 

The Kendall County ambulance was en route to a hospital in San Antonio when the fire started at about 12:30 a.m., according to KENS5. EMS providers evacuated the patient and Boerne Fire Department crews responded to find smoke and flames coming from the back of the rig. 

Boerne firefighters extinguished the blaze and transported the patient to the hospital. Officials say the fire was caused due to a generator malfunction. 

No injuries due to the fire were reported, according to News 4 San Antonio

 

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2021 EMS1. All rights reserved.