Ketamine and EMS: Educating the public and ourselves
Data gurus Drs. Remle Crowe and Brent Myers discuss their extensive findings on ketamine use by EMS
EMS’s use of ketamine for behavioral emergencies continues to rile up the media and elected officials. Why?
How should EMS educate the public and our providers to ensure the best care for our patients?
In this episode of The EMS Educator podcast, our hosts, Hilary Gates, MAEd, NRP; and Rob Lawrence interview data gurus Drs. Remle Crowe and Brent Myers, who published extensive findings on ketamine use by EMS.
Learn more about ketamine use in EMS
- Out-of-Hospital Ketamine: Indications for Use, Patient Outcomes, and Associated Mortality
- The EMS Lighthouse Project: ESO Ketamine Paper from Eagles
- Understanding prehospital ketamine: Dosing to drawbacks
- The future of ketamine in EMS and how it could change
- Evaluation of a treatment: Ketamine
- Ketamine administration comes under the spotlight