Coffee break with Jason Patton
The viral firefighter-influencer shares the power of comedy and social media
Enjoying the show? Please take a moment to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts. Contact the Inside EMS team at email@example.com to share ideas, suggestions and feedback, or if you’d like to join us as a guest.
This episode of Inside EMS is brought to you by Lexipol, the experts in policy, training, wellness support and grants assistance for first responders and government leaders. To learn more, visit lexipol.com.
If you’ve seen his videos, you’ve likely said to yourself, “been there, done that.” In this episode of Inside EMS, cohost Kelly Grayson and guest cohost Rob Lawrence welcome Firefighter-influencer Jason Patton to the show. Patton, famous for Fire Department Chronicles and Fire Department Coffee, offers a caffeine-fueled glimpse at how he got started in producing videos that have garnered him over 5 million followers.
Listen in as they discuss:
- The power of social media
- The “can’t make this stuff up” calls we’ve all been to that produce fodder for his videos
- Patton’s tips for sharing your own message with the masses, including an outside-of-the-box suggestion for why mistakes are a good thing
- “The world, especially our world, needs humor.”
- Patton’s approach to tough topics
- What he did to get a cease-and-desist letter from National Geographic