F.A. Davis Releases New Training Textbook Tackling ECG Basics
ECG Success illustrates the key features of all arrhythmias and presents multiple practice strips to allow the student to learn the subtle findings that help distinguish one from another. Organized by the seven categories of arrhythmias, ECG Success reviews the basics of ECGs (anatomy, physiology, electrophysiology, etc.), and provides a diverse group of strips for practice and testing pattern recognition. In addition, the book includes four practice tests, each with 75 randomized ECG strips, and two chapters with more than ten case studies with multiple-choice questions and more ECG strips.
ECG Success covers all the information needed — anatomy and physiology, practice, case scenarios, and relevant emergency care — to help the reader feel competent and in control, whether faced with a nonthreatening ECG or an emergency situation.
• 455 full size, real life ECG strips
• Strips identified by type of problem, randomized, and embedded in case studies
• Arrhythmia chapters include strips to analyze rhythm, rate, interval, interpretation, etc.
• Full color illustrations offer a quick review of cardiac anatomy and physiology
• Clinical Tips and Hints dispersed throughout provide valuable information
• Includes a chapter on myocardial infarction and 12-lead ECG
• Four 75-strip practice tests
• Appendices include guidelines for CPR, ACLS, and emergency medical skills and medications
• Designed to also be useful for recertification review.
Sample Chapters from ECG Success
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Heart
- Sinoatrial Node Arrhythmias
- The 12-Lead ECG and Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Case Studies
View sample chapter of ECG Success at the F. A. Davis website: http://davisplus.fadavis.com/landing_page.cfm?publication_id=2276
(cut and paste the above link if it does not work when you click on it)
ECG Success: Exercises in ECG Interpretation.
280 full color pages, 8.5 x 11 inches.
Instructors who are interested in adopting the text should contact their F. A. Davis Sales Representative for an evaluation copy. Call F. A. Davis customer service at 800-323-3555 (US) or 800-665-1148 (CAN) or go online to www.fadavis.com and click on Find Sales Representative. Also feel free to contact the author directly at email@example.com. If you adopt the text for your class you will receive a 1,000 slide PowerPoint teaching presentation. Your sales representative can advise you on how to download the PowerPoint files from the F. A. Davis website.