Boy, 4, dreams of becoming paramedic after allergic reaction
Dominic Mikowski had a bad reaction to pancakes two years ago during school breakfast; he became fascinated with ambulances after the incident
By EMS1 Staff
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — A 4-year-old boy has already considered a career as a paramedic after having an allergic reaction to pancakes.
11alive.com reported that Dominic Mikowski began to have a bad reaction to pancakes two years ago during school breakfast; he started throwing up and had difficulty breathing.
During his ride to the hospital, paramedic Joe Hoffman treated the boy.
"Ever since that day, Dominic has had a fascination with ambulances," Marie Sinclair, Dominic's mother, said.
This year, Dominic wants to be a paramedic for Halloween; he contacted Life EMS Ambulance to see if he could get any stickers.
"They ended up putting together a wonderful tour for us," Sinclair said.
Dominic wore his Life EMS costume during a behind-the-scenes look at the ambulance center, and was greeted by Hoffman when he arrived.
"Something positive has come from a scary incident" Hoffman said. "I think it's awesome that he wants to be a paramedic, and I maybe helped spark that fire."