Stroke is the leading cause of long-term disability in the U.S. and kills more than 140,000 people nationwide each year. Comprehensive stroke care includes data analysis and quality assurance efforts to streamline stroke patient assessment, care and transport. This series explores how EMS can quickly identify stroke, through dispatch protocols, assessment scales, diagnostic tools and mobile stroke units to transport patients to the most appropriate stroke care facility.
- Thinking PHAST for stroke assessment
- Stroke destination: An opportunity for innovation in system design
- All things stroke-related: Diagnosis, treatment and transportation
- Telestroke: Taking telemedicine mobile to curb stroke damage
- Implementing mobile stroke units: Why proper training and streamlined workflow is crucial to success