FireRescue1’s Better Every Shift Podcast spotlights the passion and perseverance of first responders. Hosted by Madison (Wisconsin) Firefighter Aaron Zamzow and FireRescue1 Editor-in-Chief Janelle Foskett, the show brings kitchen table conversations to the airwaves, always focused on solutions, positivity and the realities of station life.
Grab yourself a caffeinated beverage because today’s podcast features high-octane firefighter Jason Patton, perhaps the first firefighter-influencer of the YouTube viral-video era – a familiar face to any firefighter not living under a rock. Patton reveals his favorite Fire Department Chronicles video to film, the call that made him laugh the hardest (and later served as great material for a video), plus the video that put him on the map.
Plus, we get into all this:
- His best advice for firefighters getting into the social media space
- How he chooses his passion projects
- “Micro-dosing happiness” and his go-to stress reliever
What else …
- Don’t miss: The hilarious story of his first attempt to teach a CPR class
- Episode power quote: “I’m not making fun of people. I’m making fun of myself. That is me!”
- Hot seat sneak peek: A recent moment of frustration – and why $250 isn’t that much in context
Resources we mentioned on the show
- Fire Department Chronicles
- Fire Department Coffee
- Banyan Treatment Centers
- The Leary Firefighters Foundation
Connect with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your feedback!
Enjoying the show? Please take a moment to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts.