NAEMT releases guide on effective EMS wellness programs
The guide was developed to help EMS agencies create programs that help EMS providers maintain their physical, mental and emotional well-being
By EMS1 Staff
WASHINGTON — The National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians released a guide for EMS agencies wanting to create an EMS wellness program.
The Guide to Building an Effective EMS Wellness and Resilience Program was created to help agencies develop a program that will aid their EMS providers in maintaining physical, mental and emotional well-being.
According to the NAEMT, the guide offers:
- Steps agencies can take to develop a culture of wellness and resilience
- Strategies for building EMS practitioner resilience
- Suggestions for specific programs and initiatives to support a healthy EMS workforce
- Tips from EMS agencies on the wellness and resilience initiatives that have worked for them
- Ideas for engaging community partners and stakeholders in supporting agency wellness and resilience programs
The guide also includes policies and practices from agencies that have launched their own programs.
Click here to download the guide.
Naemt Resilience Guide 01-1... by on Scribd