Trending Topics

Sulfur smell sickens Calif. school students

Six Paso Robles students were evaluated after inhaling a “sulfur substance” in a locker room


San Luis Ambulance, Inc./Facebook

By Stephanie Zappelli
The Tribune

PASO ROBLES, Calif. — Students from Daniel Lewis Middle School were sent to the hospital after inhaling “a sulfur substance” in the locker room Friday, officials said.

Emergency responders arrived at the middle school at about 11:17 a.m., according to a news release from Paso Robles Fire and Emergency Services.

Six students were evaluated for symptoms related to inhaling the substance, including nausea and vomiting, while two were transported to the hospital, according to the release.

Paso Robles Fire and Emergency Services, San Luis Ambulance and the Paso Robles Police Department responded to the incident.

The incident is under investigation.

(c)2023 The Tribune (San Luis Obispo, Calif.)
Visit The Tribune (San Luis Obispo, Calif.) at
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.