NAEMSP introduces its 2021 Board of Directors
The board members were welcomed this week at the association's 2021 Annual Meeting
By Laura French
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — The National Association of EMS Physicians (NAEMSP) introduced its 2021 Board of Directors during its Annual Meeting this week.
The association welcomed the following members to the board, according to a press release:
- President Michael Levy, MD, FAEMS,FACEP, FACP of Anchorage, Alaska
- President-elect Jose G. Cabanas, MD, MPH, FAEMS of Raleigh, N.C.
- Secretary/Treasurer Sabina Braithwaite, MD, FAEMS of St. Louis, Mo.
- Immediate Past President David K. Tan, MD, EMT-T, FAAEM, FAEMS of St. Louis, Mo.
- Physician Member-at-Large Sophia Dyer of Boston, Mass.
- Physician Member-at-Large John M. Gallagher, MD, FACEP, FAEMS of Wichita, Kan.
- Physician Member-at-Large Toni Gross, MD, MPH of Phoenix, Ariz.
- Program Committee Chair Josh Gaither, MD, FAEMS of Tucson, Ariz.
- Standards and Clinical Practice Chair Frank Guyette, MD, MPH, FAEMS of Pittsburgh, Penn.
They will join current board members Physician Member-at-Large Jeff Beeson, DO, FAEMS, UNT of Health, Fort Worth, Texas; Physician Member-at-Large Brian Clemency, DO, MBA, FAEMS, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, N.Y.; Physician Member-at-Large Douglas F. Kupas, MD, FAEMS, Danville, Penn.; and Professional Member-at-Large Lynn White, MD, FAEMS, Global Medical Response, Greenwood Village, Colo., who will serve through January 2022.
NAEMSP President Michael Levy is the chief medical officer for the Anchorage Areawide EMS and medical director for emergency programs for the State of Alaska.
“I am privileged to serve alongside such an experienced group of EMS physicians,” Levy said in a statement.
Collectively, the Board of Directors has decades of involvement with NAEMSP, both as members and as committee and board volunteers, according to the press release.