NAEMSP® Welcomes New Leadership
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — The National Association of EMS Physicians® (NAEMSP®) is pleased to welcome new members to their Board of Directors.
David K. Tan, MD, EMT-T, FAAEM, FAEMS, is the new president of the association. He is an associate professor of emergency medicine and chief of the EMS Section at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis Department of Emergency Medicine. Tan is also the medical team manager for the St. Louis Metro Urban Search and Rescue Taskforce, the medical director for the St. Charles County Police Department, the medical director of AMR/Abbott EMS and medical director of the Clayton Fire Department.
In addition to Tan, incoming board members include
- President-Elect Mike Levy, MD, FACEP, FACP, FAEMS, Anchorage Fire Department, Anchorage, AK
- Treasurer Jose G. Cabanas, MD, MPH, FAEMS, Wake County EMS System, Raleigh, NC
- Physician Member-at-Large John M. Gallagher, MD, FACEP, FAEMS Wichita/Sedgwick County EMS System, Wichita, KS
- Physician Member-at-Large Stacy Weisberg, MD, MPH, FAEMS, UMass Memorial Medical Center, Worcester, MA
- Physician Member-at-Large Sabina Braithwaite, MD, FAEMS, Washington University EMS, St. Louis, MO
- Program Committee Chair Toni Gross, MD, MPH, Phoenix Children's Hospital, Phoenix, AZ
- Standards and Clinical Practice Committee Chair Ryan Jacobsen, MD, FAEMS, Johnson County EMS, Olathe, KS
They join current members Immediate Past President J. Brent Myers, MD, MPH, FAEMS, Raleigh, NC; Physician Member-at-Large Brian Clemency, DO, MBA, FAEMS, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY; Physician Member-at-Large Douglas F. Kupas, MD, FAEMS, Danville, PA; Professional Member-at-Large Daniel Patterson, PhD, NRP, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA; Physician Member-at-Large Peter Taillac, MD, FAEMS, Utah State EMS, Salt Lake City, UT.
About the National Association of EMS Physicians® (NAEMSP®)
The National Association of EMS Physicians® (NAEMSP®) is an organization of physicians and other professionals partnering to provide leadership and foster excellence in the subspecialty of EMS medicine. www.naemsp.org