NAEMT Presents Annual Awards
NAEMT presented its annual awards at the NAEMT Annual Awards Dinner in Orlando on October 13. The dinner, which was sponsored by Masimo, concluded the NAEMT Annual Meeting and EMS EXPO 2007.
Recognized for their contributions to the EMS community were:
- Leroy Funderburk, EMT, Largo, Florida: Robert E. Motley EMT of the Year, sponsored by JEMS Communications;
- Tom E. Wilson, NREMT-P, El Dorado, Arkansas: Asmund S. Laerdal Award for Excellence – EMT-Paramedic of the Year, sponsored by Laerdal Medical Corporation;
- Richard Serino, NREMT-P, Boston, Massachusetts: William Klingensmith EMS Administrator of the Year, sponsored by Moore Medical Corp.;
- Timothy D. Peterson, MD, Taos, New Mexico: Richard “Dick” Ferneau EMS Medical Director of the Year, sponsored by Ferno-Washington Inc.;
- Jill M. Torres, NREMT-P, CCEMT-P, Salem, Wisconsin: Mary Ann Talley EMS Instructor/Coordinator of the Year, sponsored by Mosby;
- Slaterville Volunteer Ambulance Inc., Slaterville Springs, New York: Gold Award for Volunteer Services, co-sponsored with EMS Magazine;
- Baxter Regional Medical Center Ambulance, Mountain Home, Arkansas: Gold Award for Paid Services, co-sponsored with EMS Magazine;
- Patricia Hastings, MD, San Antonio, Texas: Rocco V. Morando Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by the National Registry of EMTs ;
- Katrina B. Altenhofen, MPH, EMT-P, Washington, Iowa: NAEMT National Children’s Champion Award, sponsored by VidaCare;
- Geoff Miller, Miami, Florida: Anthony S. Maniscalco Memorial Scholarship, sponsored by the Michael and Susan Newburger Foundation;
- Larry Tan, Newark, Delaware: 2008 ADPI/NAEMT National EMS Chiefs, Officers and Administrators Division - Harvard Executive Session Scholarship, sponsored by Advanced Data Processing Inc.
NAEMT is the national association of EMTs and paramedics that represents paid and volunteer EMS workers worldwide. NAEMT’s goal is to serve its members through educational programs, information services, membership benefits, effective representation, and recognition of the professionalism and dedication of the men and women who provide prehospital medical care.