Carbon monoxide exposure sends 30 people to hospitals

The CO leak in a Wis. movie theater caused one woman to have a seizure and another to collapse


PARK FALLS, Wis. — Thirty people were taken to a Price County hospital after carbon monoxide was detected inside a Park Falls movie theater.

Emergency crews were called to Park Theater around 9:00 p.m. Monday night when a female was found having a seizure. "While Park Falls Officers were attending to the victim they noticed another female subject who walked out of the theater and collapsed," Police Chief Scott Straetz said in a news release.

The theater was evacuated and ventilated with exhaust fans. Police say 30 people were taken to the emergency room.

Read Full Story: UPDATE: 30 sent to hospital after carbon monoxide leak at movie theater

 

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2019 ems1.com. All rights reserved.