2 hospitalized after carbon monoxide exposure

Md. medics transport 1 patient to hyperbaric unit for CO poisoning treatment


The Baltimore Sun

EDGEWOOD, Md. — Two people inside an Edgewood apartment were hospitalized Sunday night after elevated carbon monoxide levels were found, according to the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company.

Thirteen firefighters and paramedics responded to the 1800 block of Edgewater Drive at 5:45 p.m. for a report of elevated carbon monoxide levels in the three-story building, according to an incident report from the fire company.

The elevated CO levels were confirmed. Natural gas was shut off to the apartment and maintenance staff were at the scene, according to the report.

An unidentified adult male was transported by a Joppa-Magnolia medic unit to the hyperbaric unit of the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore for possible CO poisoning.

An unidentified adult female was taken by a Joppa-Magnolia medic unit to University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Medical Center in Bel Air as a precaution.

According to the fire company's report, no additional elevated readings were found in any other units in the building.

©2015 The Baltimore Sun

Request product info from top CO Screening companies

Thank You!

By submitting your information, you agree to be contacted by the selected vendor(s) and that the data you submit is exempt from Do Not Sell My Personal Information requests. View our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2021 EMS1. All rights reserved.