Spotlight: Road Rescue's emergency vehicles designed to protect patients and EMS providers
Road Rescue emergency vehicles are designed, innovated and supported by people who have a deep understanding of the needs of EMS personnel
Company name: Road Rescue
Headquarters: Winter Park, Fla.
Signature Product: Ultramedic ambulance
1. Where did your company name originate from?
Road Rescue was founded in St. Paul, Minnesota. The name speaks to its critical role as a medical transport vehicle.
2. What was the inspiration behind starting your company?
Road Rescue was founded in 1976 when Bill Huestis purchased a small fabrication shop, R and R Industries. He secured the rights for the name "Road Rescue" and all the design drawings. Road Rescue evolved over the years through various owners, all the time improving and perfecting its designs to better serve EMS providers and establishing itself as a premier provider of custom ambulances.
3. What is your signature product and how does it work?
Road Rescue is known for the Ultramedic ambulance, available in Type I, Type III and medium duty conversions.
4. Why do you believe your products are essential to the EMS community?
Road Rescue is known worldwide as a custom ambulance manufacturer that continues to pioneer relevant new features to protect crews and patients from accidents and contaminates.
5. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
2020 has been a very challenging year for all of us as we navigate the global pandemic. The Road Rescue team worked closely with its dealers and customers to manage deliveries amid supply disruptions and absenteeism. The primary goal was, and continues to be, keeping everyone safe.
6. What makes your company unique?
Road Rescue emergency vehicles are designed, innovated and supported by people with a customer-led mindset who have a deep understanding of the needs of EMS personnel.
7. What do your customers like best about you and your products?
Road Rescue emergency vehicles have a solid reputation for being very safe, durable and remountabilty. That is why we say that Road Rescue vehicles are "In Service for Life."
8. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first responder community?
Knowing that we play an important part in supporting and protecting patients and EMS providers across the nation with safe, dependable emergency vehicles.
9. Is there any fun fact or trivia that you'd like to share about your brand?
Road Rescue was born in bone-chilling Minnesota and now lives comfortably in sunny Florida.
10. What's next for your brand? Any upcoming new projects or initiatives?
Road Rescue is continually innovating its vehicles and challenging the status quo. Watch for updates in 2021.