FDNY EMTs save 4 from carbon monoxide poisoning

Zache Cox and Frantzi Honore responded to a medical call and noticed the carbon monoxide detectors were registering high levels of gas


By EMS1 Staff

NEW YORK — Two FDNY EMTs rescued four people from carbon monoxide poisoning after responding to a medical call.

NY Daily News reported that EMTs Zache Cox and Frantzi Honore responded to a home and evacuated four people after they noticed high levels were being registered on the carbon monoxide detectors, according to the FDNY.

Officials said a defective boiler was the cause of the gas leak.

“A tragedy and potential disaster was avoided by the quick reactions of these EMS technicians,” Local 2507 president Oren Barzilay said. “We are grateful for the safety equipment and training we receive from the FDNY.”

The fire department posted about the incident on their Facebook page, and users from around the world commented on the save.

“True heroes that should be honored by us all, New York's Bravest,” one user wrote.

 

On Friday, November 24, FDNY EMTs Zache Cox (R) and Frantzi Honore (L) from Station 54 saved the lives of four residents...

Posted by New York City Fire Department (FDNY) on Saturday, November 25, 2017

 

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2020 ems1.com. All rights reserved.