Ambulance catches on fire in W.Va.
The ambulance began overheating; both EMS providers were able to escape before it caught fire
The Charleston Gazette
MILTON, W.Va. — A Putnam County ambulance caught fire Saturday afternoon, causing $100,000 worth of damage.
According to Putnam County EMS’s Facebook page, the ambulance began overheating, and the driver exited the interstate at the Milton exit and left the vehicle, which quickly caught fire. Both EMS workers in the ambulance escaped, and there were no patients in the vehicle.
The Milton and Culloden Fire Departments and the Milton Police Department responded to the scene. The city of Charleston Fire and EMS and the Kanawha County Ambulance Authority have offered to loan Putnam an ambulance to use until the damaged one can be replaced, according to Putnam EMS.
Copyright 2016 The Charleston Gazette
All Rights Reserved