Man sneezes out toy dart lodged in his nose for over 40 years
The rubber tip of a toy dart he inhaled as a child flew out his his left nostril during a sneezing fit
SURREY, England — A man sneezed out part of a toy dart that had been lodged up his nostril for more than 40 years.
Steve Easton, 51, sneezed out the sucker tip of a toy dart - about the size of a penny - as he was sitting at his computer, The Guardian reports.
“I started a sneezing fit and it came out of my left nostril,” he said. “I thought, ‘What’s this? Where the hell has this come from?’ and pulled out this rubber sucker.”
He told his mother, who informed him that she and his father took him to the hospital when he was 7-years-old because they suspected he had inhaled part of the dart after they noticed one of the rubber tips was missing.
Hospital staff were not able to find anything, and told his parents perhaps it was a mistake.
“I knew it wasn’t and it’s always worried me,” his mother Pat said. “And now it has suddenly shot out. We are all shocked.”
He told his doctor, who was also amazed, said there was no medical damage caused by the dart.
“It had been there in my nasal cavity for 44 years,” Easton said. “I was completely unaware that it was in my nose for that long. I feel no different now. I wonder if there’s anything else up there.”