Man fatally electrocuted while hanging holiday lights

He was shocked when the ladder he was standing on touched an electrical wire


The Associated Press

NORTH BEACH, Md. — Anne Arundel County officials say a 34-year-old man died after he was shocked while putting up Christmas lights.

County police and fire officials said Jason Byrnes was hanging lights for a neighbor in North Beach on Monday and he was shocked when the ladder he was standing on touched an electrical wire. Officials said Byrnes died shortly after he arrived at Prince George's Trauma Center.

Officials said the death has been ruled accidental.

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

The EMS news & trends you need, delivered right to your inbox.

Thanks! You've been successfully signed up for the EMS1 Daily

Copyright © 2021 EMS1. All rights reserved.