Free CE Course: Better diagnosis of stroke events
Courtesy of Pulsara and EMS1 Academy, users can register for the course and receive 1 CEU
Offered by EMS1 Academy and sponsored by Pulsara, the Stroke course is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE) and provides 1 CEU. It presents the issues involved with diagnosing stroke events and shows that quick diagnosis can lead to much improved outcomes for stroke patients.
This course covers the different kinds of stroke, standardized assessment tests for accurate diagnosis, conditions that mimic stroke, the presence of atrial fibrillation, treatment and management of stroke, and the importance of transporting to a designated stroke treatment center.
After completing this course, users will be able to:
- Differentiate between stroke and other similar etiologies.
- Recognize the significant physical findings present in the stroke patient.
- Interpret the underlying etiology specific to stroke presentations.
- Identify and prioritize the proper treatment options for a patient experiencing a stroke.
- Describe the critical evaluation components associated with stroke patient assessment and stroke alert criteria.
To take this free course, please register now or login using your existing EMS1 Academy account.