Texas' new ESD-11 receives first of 40 hybrid rigs
The ambulances run on a hybrid system of battery power and gasoline, which is better for the environment, reduces fuel use and extends the life of the vehicle
By Rachel Engel
HARRIS COUNTY, Texas — Harris County Emergency Services District No. 11's new ambulance service, ESD 11 Mobile Healthcare, received the first of 40 new, state-of-the-art ambulances this week.
The ambulances were ordered with the safety of both providers and patients in mind, In Forney reported.
"These ambulances are pretty amazing," said ESD 11 Mobile Healthcare Chief Executive Office Doug Hooten. "They are being built with every important safety and comfort detail in mind. We want residents of the District to rest easy that if they ever need emergency assistance, they will get the absolute very best the industry has to offer."
The ambulances run on a hybrid system of battery power and gasoline, which is better for the environment, reduces fuel use and extends the life of the vehicle.
Building an EMS system from the ground up
Doug Hooten on how ESD 11 is tackling recruitment, station construction and fleet purchasing
The new ambulances also feature:
- Extra workspace for EMTs and paramedics to safely care for patients
- Larger cabins for patient safety and comfort
- A Stryker Power-LOAD system that automatically lifts and loads patients
- A hydraulic oxygen lift system that avoids the need for EMTs or paramedics to lift heavy oxygen tanks into the vehicle
- Five-point restraints built into each seat
- An integrated children's car seat built into the ambulance's rear-facing seat
- High-visibility exterior graphics that make each vehicle easier to see in the dark
- Ground lighting
- Multiple warning devices, including dual sirens
- Solar panels
- Increased air conditioning
- Two condensers to help reduce heat in the summer
- Safety lock boxes
How to buy ambulances (eBook)
Download this EMS1 ambulances buying guide to learn key steps for product selection, purchasing and implementation
Request product info from top Ambulances companies