10 sickened in Conn. from carbon monoxide exposure

A generator was found operating in the basement of the two-family home


Associated Press

MERIDEN, Conn. — Ten residents of Meriden, Conn., including six children, have been hospitalized after they were exposed to carbon monoxide. A generator was found operating in the basement of the two-family home.

According to WFSB-TV, officials say they were called to the house shortly after 1 a.m. Tuesday on reports of a child having a seizure. Officials say the seizure was a side effect of the carbon monoxide poisoning.

Firefighters had to break down doors and wake people to get them out of the house. Officials say another child passed out.

There is no word on the condition of any of the victims. The youngest is 1 year old.

Request product info from top CO Screening companies

Thank You!

By submitting your information, you agree to be contacted by the selected vendor(s) and that the data you submit is exempt from Do Not Sell My Personal Information requests. View our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2022 EMS1. All rights reserved.