Video: Adults save Fla. kids from electric shock in pool

The children spent four nights in the hospital and were released; officials say a pool pump malfunction and electrified the water


New York Daily News

HIALEAH, Fla. — A group of children suffered serious injuries when a malfunctioning pump at a Florida condominium complex released electricity into a swimming pool.

Surveillance video shows a young girl in the pool suddenly become motionless after she grabbed a metal pole. She and two other children were shocked while playing in the water at the Palms West Gardens Condominium complex in Hialeah, just outside Miami, TV Station WEAR reports.

In the video, the girl is seeing suddenly floating very still with her head tilted back. A man sees her in trouble and tries to help, but is also shocked momentarily when he grabs the metal pole. He eventually pulls her out.

Read full story: Children get shocked as they swim in Florida pool filled with electricity 


 

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2020 EMS1. All rights reserved.