Medic's portable CO detector averts tragedy

Small alarm, clipped to jump kit, alerted medics, patient, and family to dangerous levels of CO inside home


By Paul Forsyth
Niagara This Week

NIAGARA FALLS, Ontario — A portable carbon monoxide detector clipped on an equipment bag carried by Niagara paramedics may have saved nine people from dying of carbon monoxide poisoning last week, emergency officials say.

Niagara Emergency Medical Service (EMS), which operates the Region’s ambulance service, said two paramedics responded to a medical call of a woman suffering symptoms last Thursday evening at a single family home in south Niagara Falls.

Rick Ferron, deputy chief of operations for the ambulance service, said high levels of carbon monoxide were quickly detected by the portable alarm within 40 seconds.

Read the Full Story: Tragedy-in-making avoided by portable detector

 

Request product info from top CO Screening companies

Thank You!

By submitting your information, you agree to be contacted by the selected vendor(s) and that the data you submit is exempt from Do Not Sell My Personal Information requests. View our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2022 EMS1. All rights reserved.