Quick Clip: Why violence against medics should be a felony
Have you ever been attacked while on duty? Sound off in the comment section below
In this week's Inside EMS podcast quick clip, hosts Chris Cebollero and Kelly Grayson discuss the startling trend of violence toward paramedics and EMTs.
"We're starting to see more instances where EMS professionals file a lawsuit or laws making it a serious misdemeanor or felony to attack emergency service professionals," Kelly said. "We’re starting to see a shift where we don’t accept that."
Have you ever been attacked while on duty? Does your state have strict laws against those who do attack first responders?
Sound off in the comment section below and stay tuned for the full Inside EMS podcast tomorrow.
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position