Super Bowl showtime: How Glendale fire crews are preparing for the big game
Captain Ashley Losch explains the endless coordination at play, identifies the biggest hurdles ahead, and even spills a little big game tea
This episode of Inside EMS is brought to you by Lexipol, the experts in policy, training, wellness support and grants assistance for first responders and government leaders. To learn more, visit lexipol.com.
This special episode of Inside EMS is a crossover post from FireRescue1's new Better Every Shift Podcast. Hosted by Madison (Wisconsin) Firefighter Aaron Zamzow and FireRescue1 Editor-in-Chief Janelle Foskett, the show brings kitchen table conversations to the airwaves, always focused on solutions, positivity and the realities of station life.
Follow the show on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts.
This episode of the Better Every Shift podcast is extra super because Zam and Janelle are talking all things Super Bowl with Glendale (Arizona) Captain Ashley Losch, digging into the fire and EMS preparations, training and coordination for this year’s big game. Captain Losch details the many moving parts of “Super Season,” what they’ve learned from the past two Super Bowls the city has hosted, plus how the Damar Hamlin incident prompted additional questions.
Plus, we get into all this:
- The big messaging change for this year
- Maintaining citywide staffing during the big game
- The tabletop exercise that had 150 agencies represented
WHAT ELSE …
- Hot seat sneak peek: Best Super Bowl halftime shows of all time
- Don’t miss: How the super-wealthy deal with Super Bowl travel
- Episode power quote: “It’s about connection, it’s about coming together for a common goal, making sure that people are safe, making sure that everyone has a good time, everyone goes home with good memories, and the sheer amount of people that are coming together to make sure that happens is really incredible.”
RESOURCES WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW
CONNECT WITH US!
Email email@example.com to share your feedback, and if you enjoy the show, take a moment to rate and review Better Every Shift on Apple Podcasts.
Improve the safety and effectiveness of your personnel with an online training solution from EMS1 Academy. Access more than 500 EMS courses and videos, totaling over 440 continuing education hours. With EMS1 Academy, training can be delivered during in-service, field training or in a self-paced format. SCHEDULE A FREE DEMO NOW!