Patient dies in Ohio ambulance crash
The ambulance drove off the exit ramp, hit a guardrail and rolled down an embankment
MANSFIELD, Ohio — A patient was killed when an ambulance overturned during a transport around 11:45 p.m. Friday.
The ambulance was transporting a patient from a Cleveland hospital to a Columbus hospital when it drove off the exit ramp on Interstate-71 at the OH-13 Bellville/Mansfield exit, WBNS reports.
It hit a guardrail and rolled sever times down an embankment, throwing the patient and an EMT from the back of the ambulance.
The patient was pronounced dead at the scene. The EMT suffered minor injuries and was transported to a hospital.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position