Remember 2 Things: Lifesaving treatment for synthetic drug overdoses
In this episode of Remember 2 Things Steve Whitehead describes the dangers of synthetic drugs, like flakka or K2, that are ingested and inhaled. Whitehead discusses the importance of temperature assessment to determine the need for active, aggressive cooling and sedation of the patient to lower the risk of harm to rescuers, bystanders and the patient.
After watching read these top EMS1 articles on blood pressure assessment.
- Sedation for violent, restrained patients
- What the flakka is this new drug?
- Paramedics to give ketamine to patients high on flakka
- Ketamine for Excited Delirium Syndrome: Results of a 3-year case series
- This patient is going to kill me before we make it to the hospital
- Expert tips for EMS handling of behavioral emergencies