Bed bugs found in Detroit ambulance

The bed bugs were traced to a patient; the unit was disinfected

DETROIT — Fire officials say a patient was responsible for bed bugs discovered in one of its ambulances.

WXYZ-TV found “Don’t Enter, Bed Bugs, Toxic,” was written on the door to the EMS unit, according to an Associated Press report.

The unit was disinfected in what Chief Dale Bradley called a precautionary move. 

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Get EMS news in your inbox

Thanks! You've been successfully signed up for the EMS1 Member Newsletter!

Copyright © 2019 All rights reserved.