Inside EMS Podcast: Are EMS providers getting enough sleep?
Our co-hosts discuss a review of shift work, sleep duration and their respective effects on health
In this Inside EMS Podcast episode, co-hosts Chris Cebollero and Kelly Grayson are joined at the guest table with Catherine Counts, an EMS1 columnist and health services researcher, to discuss her latest article on why shift work is unhealthy and dangerous.
They discuss a review of shift work, sleep duration and their respective effects on health.
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- 10 things paramedic students need to know about new NREMT exam
- Bill to make interfering with firefighters on EMS calls a crime
- Off-duty Ore. firefighters to start responding to cardiac calls with AEDs
- Police: EMS provider fell asleep before fatal ambulance crash
- Ga. firefighter-paramedic shot 14 times returns to duty