Veteran medic looking for kidney donor
After more than a decade rescuing others, S.C. medic Rick Greene hopes someone can now save him
COLUMBIA, S.C. — A Midlands father who spent time serving his country and saving lives is looking for a kidney.
Rick Greene spent more than ten years rescuing others as a paramedic in many counties throughout the Midlands. Greene has two children, Kelsey and Kailen. Kelsey Greene is a 7th grader at St. Andrews. His son, Kailen Greene must haven taken after his father. Kailen plays football as a lineman at Columbia High School.
His dad used to play football for the University of South Carolina as a linebacker. Greene said he found out that he had a kidney disease three years ago.
Read full story: EMS Worker Looking for Kidney Donor
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position