Kids shocked swimming in pool, rushed to hospital
A witness said a boy was using a metal ladder to climb out of the water when he was shocked
PHILADELPHIA — A Friday afternoon swim in a Philadelphia city-owned pool ended with a trip to the hospital for three kids after they were shocked by an electrical current.
Witnesses say about 20 people were splashing around in the O'Connor Pool at 26th and South Streets in the Graduate Hospital section of the city around 1:15 p.m. when the children were hit by the electricity.
A mother, who saw the shocking take place, said a boy was using a metal ladder to climb out of the water when the current went through him. A girl was hurt moments later, she said.
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.