19 NC elementary students injured in bus crash
All nineteen students were taken by EMS to the hospital with minor injuries
News & Record
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Nearly two dozen children were taken to the hospital this morning following a school bus wreck in Winston-Salem.
Bus No. 771 was on its way to Gibson Elementary School when it was involved in a wreck with a car, said Theo Helm, spokesperson for Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools.
Nineteen children were taken by EMS to Brenner Children's Hospital with minor injuries, Helm said.
The wreck happened about 10 a.m. on Murray Road, near Becks Church Road when a woman struck the bus. That woman was cited with failure to yield the right-of-way, according to Winston-Salem police.
A replacement bus was sent to take the remaining 29 students to school.
Copyright 2013 News & Record
All Rights Reserved
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position