Ambulance crash sends truck into creek
The three-vehicle collision also involved a fire rescue truck, and was "unavoidable" due to a sheet of ice of the road
CHAVIES, Ky. — A three-vehicle crash involving a fire rescue truck and an ambulance also pushed a pickup truck into a creek early Thursday morning.
That crash was part of at least three on Highway 28 in the same area, said Tony Ford of the Grapevine Chavies Fire Department.The collision involving the ambulance was unavoidable, Ford said.
"They were at very minimal speed that they could have drove anyways, just with the sheet of ice on the road, they couldn't stop," said Ford.
Read full story: Ambulance crash sends pickup into creek
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position