Video: Sandy Hook students record "Over the Rainbow"
A recorded of the version is available for purchase with proceeds going to charity
NEWTOWN, Conn. — A month after 20 of their schoolmates were brutally killed a group of students from Sandy Hook Elementary gathered to record "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" with singer Ingrid Michaelson.
A group of 21 Sandy Hook singers, with the help of their music teacher Sabrina Post, gathered around the microphones at the home of former Talking Heads members Chris Frantz and Tina Weymouth.
The song is on sale on Amazon and iTunes, with the proceeds benefiting Newtown Youth Academy and United Way of Western Connecticut.
Full story: Sandy Hook students record "Over the Rainbow"
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position