Foundation donates $200K to sons of slain FDNY EMT
Along with the donation, Yadira Arroyo's five sons were given a portrait of their mother
By EMS1 Staff
NEW YORK —An organization wants to make sure fallen FDNY EMT's Yadira Arroyo's five sons are taken care of.
ABC7NY.com reported that the Tunnel to Towers Foundation presented a check to Arroyo's sons for $200,000 at a gala at the One Word Trade Center Thursday night. Donations poured in from 37 states as well as the U.K. after Arroyo was run over and killed by a man who stole her ambulance last month.
Along with the donation, artist Scott Lobaido presented a portrait of Arroyo that the foundation commissioned him to create for her sons.
Tunnel to Towers Foundation presented a check for more than $200K to murdered FDNY EMS EMT Yadira Arroyo's 5 sons. https://t.co/ZvkrqF84ww— NYC EMS Watch (@NYCEMSwatch) April 21, 2017
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position