Ambulances held hostage
Steve Wirth and Doug Wolfberg join host Rob Lawrence to discuss strategies for overcoming hospital bed delays
This episode of EMS One Stop is sponsored by Blink; the mobile app helping EMS providers to better communicate with their field staff. Learn more about how Blink's two-way communications features are helping to reduce first responder turnover at www.joinblink.com.
In the light of the series of articles on ambulance patient offload times and hospital bed delays by Page, Wolfberg & Wirth, host Rob Lawrence is joined by PW&W Attorneys Doug Wolfberg, Esq.; and Steve Wirth, Esq. A solid discussion takes place on the EMS legal and ethical obligations to patients at the ED, and strategies to combat hospital bed delays, as well as the downloadable tip sheet also available at EMS1.
Learn more about ambulances held hostage
- A guide to hospital bed delays. FAQs and quick tips from Wolfberg and Wirth
- Can the hospital make you stay? Leveling the playing field on hospital bed delays
- Should we stay or should we go? How to decide when to leave patients at hospitals with bed delays and 3 considerations for if you stay
- EMS strategies for reducing ambulance offload times. The rights of EMS agencies and remedies for hospital bed delays
- Hospital bed delays: An iceberg with titanic challenges. Lessons from Pinellas County and an AIMHI EMTALA webinar