Quiz: How well do you know 'Stop the Bleed'?
In the event of an MCI, there may be a number of victims who require immediate treatment to stop life-threatening hemorrhaging
In the event of a mass casualty incident, there may be a number of victims who require immediate treatment to stop life-threatening hemorrhaging. From proper use of tourniquets to treating blood loss with a trauma kit, here’s a quick quiz on bleeding control. Most of this information comes from Stop the Bleed, a national awareness campaign aimed at encouraging bystanders to become trained in bleeding control techniques in the event of an MCI or other mass emergency.
Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
Test your ability to apply the START algorithm to a collection of simulated MCI patients
How did you do? Make sure to share your results and challenge your colleagues to match or beat your score, and check out the following articles to further expand your knowledge:
- How EMS agencies can prepare their communities to 'Stop the Bleed'
- Public use of tourniquets, bleeding control kits
- How to pack a severely bleeding wound
- Military use of chest seals and tourniquets: Lessons for EMS
- Active shooter response: Equip your team to save more lives (e-book)
- Resilient communities train citizens to be first responders
This quiz was originally posted May 21, 2020. It has been updated. Have an idea for an EMS1 quiz? Email us at email@example.com.