Spotlight: Biomist constantly innovates new processes and sanitizing technologies through research and development without compromise
The company's main focus is to offer unique products to create cleaner, healthier working and learning environments.
Company Name: Biomist
Headquarters: Wheeling, Illinois
Uncontrolled pathogens are responsible for thousands of lives and cost billions of dollars to economies every year. The need for more efficient, effective and faster sanitation methods was identified almost 20 years ago and the first safe method for power-spraying concentrated alcohol was developed. Founded in 2001, Biomist manufactures cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting systems used to kill pathogens in commercial, institutional and industrial workplaces. The company is now located in Wheeling, Illinois, and has established its reputation for offering advanced, high-quality and durable sanitizing solutions to North America.
Committed to quality, Biomist is an FDA-registered medical device manufacturer whose products have been tested and approved by Underwriters Laboratories and Intertek (ETL). We constantly innovate new processes and sanitizing technologies through research and development without compromise. Our goal is to offer unique products to create cleaner, healthier working and learning environments.
1. Where did your company originate from?
My father started Biomist. I am unsure [where the name originated].
2. What was the inspiration behind starting your company?
Biomist was founded under the guiding principle that there is a safer, more effective way to eradicate harmful pathogens from environments that people come into contact with every day.
3. What is your signature product and how does it work?
Our technology eliminates the flammability of concentrated alcohol while being sprayed by using carbon dioxide to atomize it. Once you get rid of the flammability, you get all of alcohol’s benefits:
- Kills quickly and evaporates
- No wiping eliminates cross-contamination from dirty rags or wipes
- Non-corrosive, won’t damage sensitive electronics
- Efficient – reduces time, labor and chemical consumption
- Safe – not nearly as noxious as chlorine or peroxides
Biomist penetrates into small cracks and crevices where germs hide; we can spray up to 15 feet.
4. Why do you believe your products are essential to your vertical (Fire, EMS, Corrections) community?
Fire/EMS/corrections all have healthcare infection control challenges, now with COVID-19 in particular.
5. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
6. What makes your company unique?
We work with our customers to solve their sanitizing problems. Through different features and options, we can safely place alcohol just about anywhere!
7. What do your customers like best about you and your products?
The quality of our products and our level of service.
8. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first responders/local government community?
It’s an honor to help and protect people who put their lives at risk every day.
9. What's next for your company? Any upcoming new projects or initiatives?
COVID-19 has opened new markets for us; companies who never had infection control challenges are looking for solutions.