Boy uses CPR to save mother's life
The woman was trying to get her son out of a van when she hit her head on the door and became unconscious
By EMS1 Staff
SAN DIEGO — A third grader was honored for saving his mother’s life with CPR.
FOX5 reported that Dimitri Meram and his mother were having a beach day when his mother hit her head on the door of her van while trying to get him out and became unconscious.
Dimitri’s mother was unconscious for five days in the hospital and did not remember the incident. Her husband gave her the news when she woke up that Dimitri saved her life.
“I just gotta do CPR. I mean I learned it,” Dimitri said.
A couple of months ago, Dimitri learned CPR through a partnership with the San Diego Unified School District and the American Heart Association that certifies teachers to train their students in CPR.
“I’m incredibly proud of him,” Dimitri’s mother said. “He truly is my special angel. The second he was born, he got his little finger out of the incubator and grabbed my hand. Just a very special connection.”