ZOLL announces recipients of the 2017 ZOLL EMT Scholarship
CHELMSFORD, Mass. — ZOLL® Medical Corporation, an Asahi Kasei Group company that manufactures medical devices and related software solutions, today announced 11 recipients of the 2017 ZOLL EMT Scholarship Program.
This program awards medical education grants to EMTs and caregivers who have demonstrated a career commitment to the emergency medicine profession. The goal of the EMT Scholarship Program is to support the recipients’ education as they work toward paramedic certification. To qualify, applicants must be employed (or volunteer) as an EMT-Basic or EMT-Advanced by a licensed EMS service and have no less than 2,500 hours of field experience.
All scholarships were reviewed and award decisions were made by an independent committee composed of non-ZOLL personnel. ZOLL representatives do not attend meetings where award determinations are made and do not attempt to influence the selection process in any manner.
Recipients of this year’s ZOLL EMT Scholarship Program are:
- James Babinetz, Montoursville, Pa., Firefighter/EMT with Warrington Ambulance, Doyletown Fire Company, and Montoursville Fire Department
- Lauren Bachmann, Colorado Springs, Colo., Firefighter/EMT with Fountain Fire Department
- Michael Coogan, Conshohocken, Pa., EMT with Good Fellowship Ambulance Club and Malvern Fire Company
- Melanie Huesman, Catlettsburg, Ky., Firefighter/EMT with Amphibious Medics and East Fork Volunteer Fire Department
- Aidan Koplovsky, Duxbury, Mass., EMT with County Ambulance and University Volunteer Ambulance Corps
- Katie Medaris, Albany, Ind., EMT with IU Health Lifeline
- Eric Modica, Townsend, Mass., EMT with Boston Medflight and Firefighter/EMT with Townsend Fire
- Brooke Norton, Orland, Ind., Firefighter/EMT with Steuban County EMS and Orland Volunteer Fire Department
- Matthew Seithel, Columbia, Mont., Firefighter/EMT with Boone County Fire Protection District
- Amy Shultz, Sauhuarita, Ariz., Firefighter/EMT with Green Valley Fire District
- Shauna Speers, Golden, B.C., EMT with British Columbia Ambulance Service
“These individuals have demonstrated their commitment and passion for the field of emergency medicine,” said A. Ernest Whiton, President of ZOLL Resuscitation. “With support from this scholarship program, they will advance their lifesaving skills and continue to make their communities safer places.”
Applications for the 2018 ZOLL EMT Scholarship Program will open in January. For more information, visit www.zoll.com/emtscholarship.
About ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation, an Asahi Kasei Group Company, develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, therapeutic temperature management, and ventilation, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and acute critical care. For more information, visit www.zoll.com.
About Asahi Kasei
The Asahi Kasei Group is a diversified group of companies led by holding company Asahi Kasei Corp., with operations in the materials, homes, and health care business sectors. Its health care operations include devices and systems for acute critical care, dialysis, therapeutic apheresis, transfusion, and manufacture of biotherapeutics, as well as pharmaceuticals and diagnostic reagents. With more than 30,000 employees around the world, the Asahi Kasei Group serves customers in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit www.asahi-kasei.co.jp/asahi/en/.