Medic 'shocked' over emergency call for dead dog
The caller hung up before the dispatcher could get details on the patient who was 'fitting;' the medic rushed to what she though was a potentially life threatening situation
PRESTON, United Kingdom — A paramedic said she was “shocked” to be called out to a potentially life threatening emergency only to discover that the patient was, in fact, a dog.
Earlier this week the North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust, received a 999 call from an address in Preston, reporting a male was fitting, but, before the dispatcher could take any more details, the caller hung up and did not answer follow-up calls.
Fearing the worst a paramedic was sent to the address, racing through traffic, using blue lights and sirens, to the scene of the emergency.
Read full story: Paramedic’s “shock” after ca-nine nine nine call out
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.