Man shoots himself in face while taking off pants
He was airlifted to a medical center after the gun accidentally discharged, hitting him in the chin
ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. — A man was airlifted to a local hospital after accidentally shooting himself in the face while taking off his pants, Johnson City Press reports.
William Rood had a .25 caliber Baretta pistol in the right front pocket of his pants. He removed his pants and had put them on his dresser when the gun discharged, hitting him in the chin. Deputy David Caldwell was dispatched to the scene and found Rood bleeding from his nose and mouth.
The bullet was reportedly still in Rood’s neck when he was transported by helicopter to Johnson City Medical Center.
- Weird EMS News
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position