Opera star burned in onstage stunt
The singer burned his face and throat
CHICAGO — A Lyric Opera of Chicago performer was burned after his head caught on fire during a dress rehearsal of a production of "Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg."
Wesley Daniel, who plays a fire-blowing stilt walker, suffered burns Monday after putting alcohol in his mouth and attempting to blow fire.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Opera star burned in onstage stunt
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position